Founded in 1995, D.A. Dodd, LLC was formed as a fully bonded, insured, union mechanical contractor with licensing in both Indiana and Michigan. We provide plumbing, heating, cooling and industrial process piping jobs for customers in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors. With a diverse set of clients including hospitals, private and public schools, colleges and universities, manufacturing facilities, financial institutions and major corporations, D.A. Dodd is poised for continued growth and success throughout the Midwest.
This position is responsible for completing HVAC/Plumbing estimates including quantity takeoff, pricing labor with man-hours, pre-construction scheduling, obtaining material and pricing of general conditions, and conducting site visits for pre-bid meetings. This position is typically responsible for estimating jobs $1 million and higher. The Project Estimator is an individual with a positive attitude, motivation to drive success, and enjoys working independently or with a project team pushing industry competitive estimates backed with data.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Outline project plans, forecast goals/milestones, and evaluate the performance of subcontractors and construction technicians
- Estimate and prepare for execution of multiple construction projects simultaneously
- Ensure safety guidelines are taken into consideration on bid days
- Solicit subcontractors and national equipment vendors
- Interpret and comprehend contractual documents
- Maintain project documentation files
- Mentor, train, and provide support to less senior estimators
- Perform additional assignments as directed by local Operations Manager, Project Managers, or D.A. Dodd Corporate
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proven experience and sound judgment to plan and accomplish goals on-time
- Proficient math and technology skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Prior experience using construction estimating software and systems
- Bachelor degree in construction management, mechanical engineering, or other related business focus, or directly related work equivalent
- 5+ Years HVAC project estimation experience required
This is a full-time, exempt position.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
To apply for this position: Email your resume to [email protected].
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.