Based at our corporate office, the Service & Billing Specialist provides support to D.A. Dodd’s Northwestern Indiana Service and Industrial departments. This position is responsible for dispatching service technicians and communicating with customers in order to bill and collect payment according to D.A. Dodd procedures. The ideal candidate is efficient, resourceful, organized, a good problem solver, and enjoys helping others.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Responds to inquiries and requests from various sources related to customer accounts and account processing.
- Coordinate with Service Manager the day-to-day schedules for the Western Indiana Service, Sheet Metal Service, and Western Industrial Technicians
- Prepare and send service billings to customers
- Open, manage, and track service work orders for technicians using Viewpoint software technology
- Prepare letters and emails for customer communications and service quotes
- Send first-time and subsequent bills to collect payment from D.A. Dodd’s customer base within the local area
- Contact customers to update records, such as billing addresses and methods of payment
- With consultation from the Service Manager and/or Project Manager, explain charges to customers so they understand the fees for which they are responsible
- Ensure accuracy of Service Department data entry and reports generated through Service software/system
- Reviews outstanding accounts receivable and takes appropriate action to resolve issues preventing, delaying, or reducing appropriate payment
- As needed, cross-train and provide accounts payable and receivable support to the Accounting department at D.A. Dodd Corporate
- Work within Material Management and be a back up to purchase orders to our Purchasing Department
- Perform additional assignments as directed by local management or D.A. Dodd Corporate
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Administrative support and commercial billing experience within a construction industry
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field (Or in place of degree, work equivalent of four years directly related experience)
- Two (2) + years’ experience in accounts receivable, billing, collections, and customer service
- An Interest in continued professional growth
This is a full-time, exempt position.
This position reports to the local Operations Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.