We are looking for a Project Manager (PM) to manage mechanical construction projects for our Corporate (Rolling Prairie) and Mishawaka, IN. offices. The position level will be commensurate to the final candidate’s relevant education and experience. The Project Manager is responsible for mechanical, HVAC, and plumbing construction projects within commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors. This position requires significant attention to detail, ability to prioritize multiple projects at the same time, and excellent communication skills with employees, clients, and vendors. The Project Manager is a team player, who is also comfortable working independently.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Read, analyze, and interpret plans, specifications, controls, drawings, service bulletins, technical procedure manuals, equipment specifications, and government regulations
- Review drawings for constructability, code compliance, and value engineering
- Oversee work among trades, promoting coordination and realistic scheduling
- Resolve any challenges regarding procedures, precedence, design clarifications, adequate labor and equipment, schedules, and any other applicable issues
- Manage day-to-day field operations of mechanical, HVAC, or plumbing projects
- Coordination of mechanical install and/or HVAC work across other trades
- Manage field work to successful and timely completion
- Mentor, train, and provide support to entry level project managers, estimators, and/or interns
- Perform additional assignments as directed by local Operations Manager, EVP Operations, or D.A. Dodd Corporate
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proven track record for managing multiple complex projects at the same time
- Effective communication and management with clients, vendors, and trades
- Experience with Project Management software and systems
- Proficient with MS Office products, especially Excel
- Knowledge of OSHA Safety Regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in building construction management, Mechanical Engineering, or related field. (In place of degree, four (4) years of directly related experience.)
- A minimum of two (2) years related project management experience (Mid Level PM)
- A minimum of five (5) years related project management experience (Sr PM Level)
This is a full-time, exempt position.
This position will report to Dodd’s Corporate Project Management Department and the Mishawaka Operations Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.