As a Pipefitter Journeyman, you will be expected to work with brazing refrigerant lines, soldering, fabricating, assembling, installing, threading, and maintaining piping and piping systems, fixtures, and equipment for steam, hot water, heating, cooling, lubricating, sprinkling, industrial processing systems, and at times interpret drawings related to commercial work. Familiarity with insert specialized training/technologies are a plus. The ideal candidate for this position will be highly skilled, motivated, and committed to excellence. This position will work in the Greater Lafayette, IN. area.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Measuring, cutting, threading and assembling new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports
- Cutting or drilling holes in walls or floors to accommodate the passage of pipes
- Performing rough-ins, repairing and replacing fixtures and water heaters, and locate, repair, or remove leaking or broken pipes
- Assisting pipefitters in the layout, assembly, and installation of piping for air, ammonia, gas, and water systems
- Cutting pipe and lifting to pipefitters, installation of systems in building spaces
- Fitting or assisting in fitting valves, couplings, or assemblies to tanks, pumps, or systems, using hand tools
- Disassembling and removing damaged or worn pipe
Additional Job Demands
- Body Movements: Standing, sitting, walking and bending. Carrying item. use of hands, eyes, arms, and voice. Requires the reading and comprehending of building plans and blueprints.
- Physical ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Language ability includes: Reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on technical and business topics in English.
- Working conditions: Will involve working outdoors with variable weather conditions, at construction sites and in the street. Will also require work in residential structures and office building. May require driving of company vehicles in various weather and road hazards.
- Maintains an agreeable relationship with all D.A. Dodd departments, employees, and customers
- Insures high quality work is maintained at a rate that meets company standards
- Regularly demonstrates cooperation and teamwork
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of steel, copper, iron, aluminum pipes, and more specifically seamless pipes, pipe fittings, weld steel, ceramic lined pipe, and pipe flanges for various mechanical and plumbing systems
- Must be able to read and interpret various information to ensure procedures are followed
- Read and understand all contract documents
- 4 Years Experience in commercial plumbing and/or HVAC
- High School diploma or GED
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
This position reports to the Foreman, Service Manager, and/or Operations Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.