Founded in 1995, D.A. Dodd, LLC was formed as a fully bonded, insured, union mechanical contractor with licensing in both Indiana and Michigan. We provide plumbing, heating, cooling and industrial process piping jobs for customers in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors. With a diverse set of clients including hospitals, private and public schools, colleges and universities, manufacturing facilities, financial institutions and major corporations, D.A. Dodd is poised for continued growth and success throughout the Midwest.
The Service Manager oversees and communicates goals and objectives with their local Service Technicians to ensure increased customer satisfaction and profitable growth of the D.A. Dodd Service department. This position involves both hands-on and supervisory responsibilities, and has multiple direct report employees. Strong communication skills, a positive customer service attitude, and industry knowledge are key to the success of this position.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Plan, assign, inspect and supervise maintenance, repair, and construction activities
- Coordinate and plan service technicians’ daily schedules
- Regularly mentor, coach, and train Service Technicians
- Maintain service records and files
- Prepare required service reports
- Assign and distribute work orders and work requests
- Attend and participate in meetings regarding work to be done on large projects;
- Attend mandatory training classes when required
- Determine time and cost estimates for HVAC jobs
- Provide technical assistance to mechanics when requested
- Receive occasional “After Hours” calls for any urgent situations at job sites, service emergencies, or regarding local employees
- Perform additional assignments as directed by local Operations Manager, Project Managers, or D.A. Dodd Corporate
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proven knowledge and experience including installation, direct hands-on service, sales, and management within a HVAC industry
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- HVAC Certification
- Previous service management experience in a HVAC industry
- Prior experience managing direct reports in a HVAC industry
- Bachelor degree in organizational leadership or other related business management field
- Five (5) + years’ Service Technician experience in a HVAC industry
- Or, without bachelor degree, a minimum of nine (9) years’ Service Technician experience in a HVAC industry
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
This position reports to the Operations Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.