Founded in 1995, D.A. Dodd, LLC was formed as a fully bonded, insured, union mechanical contractor with licensing in both Indiana and Michigan. We provide plumbing, heating, cooling and industrial process piping jobs for customers in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors. With a diverse set of clients including hospitals, private and public schools, colleges and universities, manufacturing facilities, financial institutions and major corporations, D.A. Dodd is poised for continued growth and success throughout the Midwest.
The BIM/VDC Project Coordinator is responsible for 3D modeling of plumbing and HVAC systems in construction for commercial and industrial facilities. This position will provide support to the BIM Manager, working directly with Foremen and Project Managers to produce coordinated piping shop and spool drawings from contract documents. The ideal person for this role is creative and eager to learn new concepts in construction technology, and always ready to take on new challenges.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide general day-to-day support to the BIM Manager
- Organize construction drawing sets and hyperlinking relevant documents in Bluebeam Studios
- Regularly update drawings and schedules to reflect relevant changes from design teams and field conditions
- Set up Revit Projects based on existing project templates
- Perform file management functions such as posting models, downloading model updates, managing links, and historic versioning
- Attend coordination meetings, communicate with other trades, and create reports as requested
- Assist in clash detection of coordination models
- Coordinate and prepare record as-built models and drawings
- Understand and follow all BIM Department policies and procedures
- Provide weekly updates on the status of all assigned projects to the BIM Manager
- This position may require up to 25% work travel
- This position involves 3D flyover through virtual models
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the BIM Manager, Project Managers, or the EVP of Operations
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of baseline construction
- Working knowledge of basic drawing set-up, modeling techniques, and general knowledge of drafting standards
- Proficient in electronic document exchange
- Highly motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Excels at Excel
- Team-player with the ability to work independently as needed
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Foundational knowledge of Geometry and Math
- Experience in document control and/or slip-sheeting and updating document sets
- Working knowledge of CAD programs and/or navigating 3D models
- Knowledge of Mixed Reality Coordination
- Bachelor’s degree in construction technology management, building construction management, mechanical engineering, or other related field (in place of degree, four (4) years directly related experience)
- 0 – 2 Years of piping and plumbing design experience
Rolling Prairie, IN.
This is a full-time, exempt position.
This position reports to the BIM Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.