The BIM Detailing Assistant is responsible for document annotating and management, schedule exporting and formatting, project file management, and tracking of all project milestones and BIM deliverables. The ideal candidate for this position is highly organized, uses a systematic approach to completing tasks, and enjoys learning new work processes.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Provide support to the BIM department by installing drawings, fabrication spools, spool and hanger maps, and penetration drawings
- Upload and revise deliverables to share sites utilizing Bluebeam, Procore, Plangrid
- Document management, mostly purging documentation on share sites that are no longer needed
- Export, format, and revise schedules from Revit project files to Microsoft Excel as necessary
- Review BIM resource folders periodically for outdated project files, organize and purge files from folders as needed
- Track completion of BIM department projects. Maintain a milestone log and expected dates of completion for various deliverables.
- Create a bi-monthly BIM department report for use by D.A. Dodd leadership
- Maintain open communication between fabrication shops and field installers (project foreman) on status of drawings (any detail deliverable), schedules (BOM or otherwise), and share sites (Bluebeam, Procore, Plangrid)
- Understand and follow all BIM Department policies and procedures
- Provide weekly updates on the status of all assigned projects to the BIM Manager
- Perform additional assignments as directed by the BIM Manager, BIM Project Coordinator, or D.A. Dodd Corporate
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Working knowledge of baseline construction
- Moderate to advanced experience in Windows Operating System
- Proficient in electronic document exchange
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Ability to multitask and prioritize deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Products – Excels at Excel
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Foundational knowledge of Geometry and Math
- Experience in document control and/or slip-sheeting and updating document sets
- High school diploma or GED
- 0 – 2 Years of BIM or VDC detailing experience
Rolling Prairie, IN.
This is a part-time, non-exempt position. (This role has potential to become full-time after 6 - 12 months of employment.)
This position reports to the BIM Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.