The Administrative Assistant will provide support to D.A. Dodd Project Managers overseeing an eighteen (18) month construction project in the Greater South Bend, IN. area. This position requires an individual who is efficient, resourceful, organized, a good problem solver, and enjoys helping others. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is essential. This will be a temporary eighteen (18) month assignment, with potential to become a permanent position based on business needs once the assignment is complete.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Greet and sign-in office visitors (customers, vendors, employees from other locations)
- Answer incoming phone calls in a professional manner and direct calls to appropriate project manager
- Responds to inquiries and requests from various sources related to the phase two job site
- General administrative duties such as filing, opening mail, shipping packages, maintaining customer and vendor contacts, and assembling and distributing documents
- Assist with payroll tasks for local employees
- Submit Tribal labor requests through Pathways
- Submit daily manpower reports through Pathways
- Receive invoices and organize into appropriate schedule of value line item as backup for monthly invoicing
- Submit D.A. Dodd LLC. daily reports onto Construction Manager
- Maintain office supplies by checking inventory and ordering items when needed
- Perform additional assignments as directed by local management or D.A. Dodd Corporate
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Adaptable to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Administrative support experience within a construction or HVAC industry
- 1 – 3 Years administrative assistant experience
- High School diploma or GED
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
This position reports to the Sr Project Manager.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.