Potential Job Location(s): Rolling Prairie, IN., Lafayette, IN., & Benton Harbor, MI.
Founded in 1995, D.A. Dodd, LLC was formed as a fully bonded, insured, union mechanical contractor with licensing in both Indiana and Michigan. We provide plumbing, heating, cooling and industrial process piping jobs for customers in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors. With a diverse set of clients including hospitals, private and public schools, colleges and universities, manufacturing facilities, financial institutions and major corporations, D.A. Dodd is poised for continued growth and success throughout the Midwest.
D.A. Dodd is looking for an Intern who is pursuing a degree in Building Construction Management, Construction Engineering Management, Mechanical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering Technology, or other business-related degree. The intern will assist with project management agreements, small project estimation, and the take-off for projects. The intern will work with the Project Management team to support the field and the day-to-day functions of a specific D.A. Dodd office.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
• Provide general support on project management agreements
• Assist with daily project tasks and related activities
• Under supervision, review blueprints, specifications, proposals, job requirements, and other project related documentation
• Other tasks as assigned to meet general business needs
Required Knowledge & Skills
• Proficient in Excel, Word, and other MS Office products
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Strong work ethic and team-player
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
• Ability to read and interpret construction drawings/plans/specs
• Working knowledge of scheduling software
• Currently enrolled in a bachelor or master degree program
• Student must be entering their junior or senior year of degree program
• Student must be within a commutable distance to the Lafayette, IN. office
This internship may be part-time or full-time based on the student’s college schedule. The internship is considered a non-exempt position.
This position reports to the Project Management Team.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.