Union Service Technician
Location: Lafayette, IN.
Founded in 1995, D.A. Dodd, LLC was formed as a fully bonded, insured, union mechanical contractor with licensing in both Indiana and Michigan. We provide plumbing, heating, cooling and industrial process piping jobs for customers in commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors. With a diverse set of clients including hospitals, private and public schools, colleges and universities, manufacturing facilities, financial institutions and major corporations, D.A. Dodd is poised for continued growth and success throughout the Midwest.
This position is responsible for service and repair of plumbing, heating, cooling, and industrial piping within commercial, industrial, and institutional sectors within the greater Lafayette, IN. area. General responsibilities include assembly, installation, pipe fittings and fixtures repair of heating, water, and drainage systems. We are looking for a self-motivated team player with the ability to work and communicate well with co-workers and customers. Find out how you can join our outstanding team, apply today!
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Maintain and repair plumbing, heating, cooling, as well as pipe fittings and fixtures
- Travel to job sites and customers in service area
- Coordinate with local and corporate service departments to ensure schedules are maintained and that delays are appropriately communicated to customers
- Maintain proper stock, parts, tools, and safety equipment in company vehicles
- Appropriately document installed equipment for each service job
- Diagnose diverse service issues, obtain replacement parts, follow any manufacturer’s recommendations, and fully explain issues and resolution to customers
- Identify and report potential opportunities for additional business to Service Manager
- Other general service responsibilities as requested by local Service Manager or Corporate Service department
Additional Job Demands
- Body Movements: Standing, sitting, walking and bending. Carrying item. use of hands, eyes, arms, and voice. Requires the reading and comprehending of building plans and blueprints.
- Physical ability to lift up to 30lbs
- Language ability includes: Reading, writing, spelling, and the ability to communicate clearly on technical and business topics in English.
- Working conditions: Will involve working outdoors with variable weather conditions, at construction sites and in the street. Will also require work in residential structures and office building. Requires driving of company vehicles in various weather and road hazards.
- Maintains an agreeable relationship with all D.A. Dodd departments, employees, and customers
- Insures high quality work is maintained at a rate that meets company standards
- Regularly demonstrates cooperation and teamwork
Required Knowledge & Skills
- Mechanically inclined and competent in solid trade skills
Preferred Knowledge & Skills
- Previous industry experience
- Trade school or equivalent in plumbing and heating
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in plumbing in a service related industry required
- High school diploma or GED required
- Local Driver’s License required
- Excellent driving record for both personal and work-related driving
- Neat in appearance, clean work habits and good manners.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
This position reports to the Service Manager.
To apply for this position: Email your resume to HumanResources@dadodd.com.
*This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.